Ready to join our team? We’re looking for a
Animal Emergency Australia (AEA) is a network of independent emergency hospitals, general practices, veterinary support, and educational services across Australia. At our core, AEA exists to help veterinary professionals do and be their best. We invest in our team members’ work-life balance, career progression, and personal development, empowering them to excel in the field of veterinary medicine while making a meaningful impact on the lives of animals.
Our practice is a purpose-built facility that offers state of the art equipment, with a full team of vet professionals that will mentors and support you in any emergency environment. You will work with a great team of professionals and friends!
About the Role
As a member of our veterinary team, you would be provided both on the job and external training to help you provide excellent Emergency and Critical Care to your patients. You would be supported by an amazing team of vet nurses, trained client care representatives and a managerial team dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals.
Our team is dedicated to career progression and continuing education. All members of our vet team are offered enrolment into the Accelerated Learning Program through Improve International – designed to teach you the fundamentals of Emergency and Critical Care. We have two EMCC specialists within our organization, four Residents and an extensive network of experienced clinicians who enjoy training and supporting all team members. We also regularly host vet students from multiple Universities around Australia, so you would also be contributing to the next generation of vets.
AES Underwood and AES Jindalee are offering Permanent Part time ECC vet roles, with flexible working arrangements to provide work life harmony and a psychological safe working environment.
- A veterinary degree recognised within Australia
- 2+ years of experience post-graduation
- Capability to conduct simple to moderately complex clinical consultations and surgical procedures
- Resilience and a strong collaborative drive
- Ability to operate as a team player, generate enthusiasm in the team and build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal skills: ability to be client-focused, with a positive attitude; able to negotiate effectively and communicate openly and honestly on all levels
Paws & Perks
- Annual Salary of between $100,000 and $150,000 pa (based on experience) + super + leave loading
- Paid study leave
- Use of the talk-to-text note taking app which completes your notes for you by the end of your shift
- Fitness Passport
- Pet well-being discounts (treatments & products)
- Work-life harmony
- Flexible roster structure and work arrangements
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (psychology, nutrition, sleep)
- Snack cupboard & weekly food deliveries
- A fun, collaborate and fully supportive team that mentor and develop you for greater heights. Work hard and play hard together!
- Transition seamlessly to emergency with ‘buddy’ shifts, accredited Accelerated Learning Program, CPD workshops and webinars and more!
- Strong internal Continuing Education program and exceptional continuing education allowance and support in ongoing professional development
- Opportunities for additional training in Leadership, Specialisation and Management
- The opportunity to transfer across the company to fulfill your further career aspirations
- State of the art clinic and equipment
Join our passionate and highly skilled team and click apply today or reach out to [email protected] with any further questions!
Or visit our careers page for further opportunities: https://animalemergencyaustralia.com.au/careers/
November 12, 2023
International Veterinarian Q&A – Everything You Need to Know
In our international veterinarian Q&A, we’ll address your questions, provide guidance, and offer insights into veterinary work overseas.
Veterinary Fellowship One Step Closer for Dr Courtney Reddrop
We’re thrilled to announce Dr Courtney Reddrop has reached a significant milestone in his journey toward becoming a specialist veterinarian.
International Veterinary Work (and How to Make the Transition)
Working abroad can be an exciting and eye-opening experience. Join us as we explore the benefits and let you know how to make the transition!