Ready to join our team? We’re looking for a
Veterinary Nurse Manager
Veterinary Nurse Manager
Animal Emergency Australia (AEA) is a network of independent emergency hospitals, general practices, veterinary support, and educational services across Australia. At our core, AEA exists to help veterinary professionals do and be their best. We invest in our team members’ work-life balance, career progression, and personal development, empowering them to excel in the field of veterinary medicine while making a meaningful impact on the lives of animals.
AES Tanawha is one of Australia’s leading emergency and critical care referral centres. We deliver world class emergency veterinary medicine and gold standard patient care. We are always bustling with exciting cases and an energetic atmosphere. We have built a reputation for excellence, and we are now looking for new leaders to enhance our growing Veterinary Nursing team.
431 Tanawha Tourist Drive, Tanawha on the stunning Sunshine Coast.
About the Role
This is a permanent part time role, offering up to 30 hours per week.
What does the day in the life of Vet Nurse Manager look like?
- Provide guidance and support to the nursing team so they love and thrive in their roles
- Assist with the implementation and compliance of new and existing company policies
- Roster co-ordination
- Help promote and implement company policies and a positive working environment
- Involvement in conflict management and resolution processes
- Assist in ensuring ongoing compliance with all relevant legislation, including Workplace Health and Safety requirements
- Assist with the recruitment, training and development of Nurses
- Minimum of 3 year’s management experience desirable
- Veterinary Nursing experience and qualifications (desired but not essential)
- Strong leadership capabilities and understand how to motivate a team
- Thrives in providing exceptional customer/patient service
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to learning, resolving problems/complaints, mediation, and courageous conversations
- Exceptional communication skills and can communicate effectively in a high-pressure environment
- High attention to detail and a desire to support continuous improvement and process management
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts rostered over weekends, weekdays, nights, and public holidays
Paws & Perks
- Pet well-being discounts (including discounted treatment and products)
- Discounted gym memberships (Fitness Passport)
- Appealing hourly rate $35-40 + super + 17.5% Annual Leave loading
- Great Game of Business
- Refer a Friend program & rewards
- Work-life harmony with flexible roster structures and work arrangements (mixture of clinical and admin shifts with WFH flexibility for admin hours)
- Dedicated wellbeing committee for our employees (Mental health first aid certifications, flu vaccinations, podcasts, etc.)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (psychology, nutrition, sleep)
- Strong internal Continuing Education program and exceptional continuing education allowance and support in ongoing professional development
- Mentoring opportunities – be mentored or be a mentor
- The opportunity to transfer across the company to fulfill your further career aspirations
- State of the art clinic and equipment
- Collaborative and supportive team that will help you to develop you career
If this sounds like you, then click apply today! Or reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
February 12, 2024
Promoting Veterinary Wellness (Our Approach at Animal Emergency Australia)
Discover how wellness can transform the veterinary profession. Learn from Animal Emergency Australia’s approach to supporting veterinary staff.
From Clinic to Leadership with Hospital Director Dr. Jaxon Anderson
Discover the career journey of Dr. Jaxon Anderson, Hospital Director at AES Underwood, and explore possibilities in veterinary medicine.
Q&A with Dr Penny Seet – Veterinary Business Professional of the Year
Hear from PVE Director and AVA Veterinary Business Professional of the Year, Dr Penny Seet, as she shares her experience and story in veterinary science.