FULL TIME, PART TIME, CASUAL
Work Type – Internship with potential to transition to PT, FT or Casual
Location: Underwood and Jindalee
Are you a newly graduated veterinarian who loves a challenge and is wanting to kick start your career and learn in a supportive and encouraging environment? We want to help develop your career! At AES, you will learn in a highly supportive and encouraging environment where the focus is on helping you develop as a veterinarian.
The internship phase of an emergency career with Animal Emergency Services is an exciting, supported, growth opportunity! This includes full-time hours where you are rostered for approx. 140 clinical hours per 4-week period, over a 6-month period. Grow your knowledge in an Emergency and Critical Care setting with a caring team and experienced leaders and mentors.
An internship at Jindalee and Underwood provides an opportunity for recent graduates to establish a career in emergency critical care medicine & surgery under the guidance of experienced clinicians. The objective of this program is to train individuals to be outstanding veterinarians with a focus on clinical excellence. Upon completion, you will then become part of our veterinary team for a minimum of 2-3 years.
Internship training will involve attending consultations and assisting with diagnostic investigations, surgical procedures, client communication and maintenance of high-quality medical records. As part of the preparation for the interns to transitioning into taking primary cases (under supervision), candidates are enrolled in the internationally recognized AEA developed Accelerated Emergency Program to further their ECC knowledge. Interns will then progress to taking primary case management under supervision allowing them to develop the confidence and clinical skill needed in this challenging field of veterinary medicine.
After 6 months and upon graduation from the program you will join our consulting vet roster and transition to ECC Vet working part time, or full-time rostered hours.
Brisbane, Underwood and Jindalee
From the vibrant city to nearby islands and rainforests, there is no shortage of major attractions in Brisbane. Underwood and Jindalee are only a stone throw away where you can enjoy parks, cafés or even the Gold Coast stunning beaches.
We have campers, runners, podcasters, swimmers, mothers, fathers and every other variety of person. We have happy people, caring people, developing leaders, family people! You will find family here. You will find friends here and if you like, bring your friends too!!
We are a diverse and harmonious team who always support each other. Our values focus on gold-standard patient care and delivering the best outcome possible.
“We challenge the heart, support the mind, thrive on trust and operate with integrity, compassion and kindness in everything we do.”
All About You
- A mature approach to veterinary care
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to learn and apply knowledge gained
- A focus on team camaraderie
Benefits and Cool Stuff
- An appealing salary that will reflect your abilities and future performance at $65,000 + Super
- Enrolment in the 19-week ‘Animal Emergency Service Accelerated Emergency Program’ run by our sister company, Improve International, which is the only program of its kind in the world. The program is designed to get you feeling confident in emergency in 4 months. Upon completion, you will gain a Foundation Certificate in Emergency & Critical Care accreditation (FCert ECC post nominals).
- Vet Vault clinical podcasts for free
- Attend Internal CPD Programs, tutorials and journal club meetings.
- Employee pet wellness discounts
- A fun, collaborate and fully supportive team that work close to the best beaches in the world!
APPLY NOW via our Careers Website on Animal Emergency Australia Careers | Animal Emergency Australia Careers as well as sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number AESUND2000.
For a confidential conversation OR to speak to us about this cool opportunity, please contact email@example.com or 0428 925 040.
Don’t forget to refer your friends!