Ready to join our team? We’re looking for a
People and Culture Manager
People and Culture Manager
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced HR leader wanting to make an impact within a growing veterinary organisation.
Animal Emergency Australia (AEA) are not just your average veterinary organisation. We are a dynamic network of emergency hospitals, general practices, and educational services spread across Australia. With 530 team members across 11 locations, we are revolutionizing veterinary care and driving positive change across the nation! We strive to create a culture of continual improvement within each individual team, and an opportunity for people who join us to truly do and be their best.
“We challenge the heart, support the mind, thrive on trust and operate with integrity, compassion and kindness in everything we do.”
About the Role
We are seeking a kind, driven and experienced People & Culture (P&C) Manager. This role requires a confident human resource leader and generalist to positively influence the creation and delivery of people strategies and solutions across our fast-paced environment, enabling the organisation to transform, innovate and grow.
This role leads a team of four human resource professionals, partnering with our hospital and business unit leadership teams to lead and deliver P&C related expertise and initiatives across all areas of our team journey.
Key areas include:
- P&C Team Leadership and Development: You will lead and nurture our HR team to achieve excellence.
- Strategic Planning: Developing and executing human resources strategies, including HR information systems, compensation and benefits, acquisitions and growth, learning and development, and workforce planning.
- Industrial and Employment Relations: Ensuring compliance with State and Australian employment laws and regulations.
- Company Culture and Team Experience: Fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Change and Project Management: Guiding the organization through changes and managing projects.
- Risk and Compliance: Ensuring all HR practices are compliant with laws and regulations.
This role collaborates with other human resource departments, including Workplace Health and Safety, Talent Acquisition and National Education, to ensure a holistic approach to HR.
As part of the People and Culture national team, we help people, who help animals. This role is a champion of our AEA culture and values, as well as a P&C problem solver, coach, and role model. At the heart of our decision making and behaviours are our core values:
- First bring your heart.
- Loyalty to each other.
- Listen first, but say what needs to be said, with respect.
- The buck stops here.
- We do better by getting better.
This role is based within our national office, located at Springwood (QLD), and the role may require some travel to our hospital sites across Australia.
As an experienced People & Culture Manager you will have a generalist or industrial relations human resources background, experience in delivering effective people strategies, and proven results delivering exceptional levels of organisational culture and engagement. Most importantly, you align with our values, love working in a team environment, and are passionate about helping our AEA team members to do and be their best.
More specifically you will have:
- Bachelor level degree in a related discipline (e.g., Human Resources or Psychology).
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 8 years) in a HR leadership role in at least a midsize business.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels, influence stakeholders and ‘hold your own’ to achieve win-win outcomes.
- A deep knowledge of industrial relations, including applicable State and Australian employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple situations.
- Ability to conduct organisational assessments and turn business strategies into action.
- Excellent mentoring and relationship building skills, with high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and navigate through ambiguity.
Paws and Perks
- Pet well-being discounts (including discounted treatment and products)
- Discounted gym memberships (Fitness Passport)
- Competitive base salary + super + 17.5% annual leave loading + team-based incentive program.
- Work-life harmony with flexible hybrid work arrangements
- Dedicated wellbeing committee for our team (Mental Health first aid support, flu vaccinations, team podcast, etc.)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (psychology, nutrition, sleep support)
- Further education & career planning benefits (including CPD allowance, internal mobility)
- Mentoring opportunities – be mentored or be a mentor.
- Fun team experiences inside and outside of work.
- Opportunity for training in leadership and management – LIVE program & internal workshops.
- Free parking.
Click apply today to join our passionate and highly skilled team or reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
To apply for this role please provide your resume and a cover letter sharing your values and how you align to AEAs. Please also outline your experience in relation to the key areas of the role.
November 9, 2023
International Veterinarian Q&A – Everything You Need to Know
In our international veterinarian Q&A, we’ll address your questions, provide guidance, and offer insights into veterinary work overseas.
Veterinary Fellowship One Step Closer for Dr Courtney Reddrop
We’re thrilled to announce Dr Courtney Reddrop has reached a significant milestone in his journey toward becoming a specialist veterinarian.
International Veterinary Work (and How to Make the Transition)
Working abroad can be an exciting and eye-opening experience. Join us as we explore the benefits and let you know how to make the transition!