Are you a confident communicator with experience in managing internal and external relationships? Do you have well-rounded generalist marketing skills in the areas of events, public relations, SEO, and graphic design? We’re looking for you!:
Ditch the long commute to Brisbane City and join the Animal Emergency Australia (AEA) marketing team at our Springwood office.
As part of this pivotal role, you’ll be our marketing team’s point of contact for our chain of vet hospital brands. You’ll help to develop and deliver a 5-Star review experience to each of our stakeholders and dip your toes in the waters of several projects including events, graphic design, SEO and PR.
Who we are
Animal Emergency Service (AES), Perth Vet Emergency (PVE) and AHVEC are after-hours emergency veterinary clinics providing the highest standard of care to pets along the Queensland South-East coast, Tasmania, and Perth.
Who we’re looking for
In this versatile role, you will be confident, friendly, bubbly, professional, personable, and astute at building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be highly organised, proactive and take initiative. Above all, you’ll understand marketing theories and be able to confidently talk your way around Google Ads, Google My Business (Google Business Profiles), and inbound marketing tactics.
This role suits an experienced marketer with 3-4 years marketing experience. Demonstrated knowledge of marketing theories in Google Ads, Google My Business (Google Business Profile), SEO, PR, and inbound marketing will be essential to your success in developing a relationship with our hospitals.
A love of animals and team culture is key to understanding and successfully portraying our company’s identity for your areas of accountability.
Essential Technical Skills & Experience
- Degree/tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline and possess working experience in marketing, with demonstratable knowledge of marketing theories
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with high attention to detail – you’ll be especially proficient in grammar and spelling
- Demonstrated experience in seeking media opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop relationships with key stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Our marketing agency are an extension of the AES family, providing the strategy and direction for our brand – you will have experience working with a marketing agency to achieve marketing objectives
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced role with competing priorities and deadlines
- Own transport and QLD Drivers Licence required, as the role will involve some travel
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop experience) is highly desirable, alongside video editing
Desirable Technical Skills & Experience
- Experience working in the CRM platform Active Campaign (or a similar platform)
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this newly created role will be responsible for a variety of marketing projects:
- Liaise with our emergency hospitals to attend marketing meetings to discuss local marketing activities and continually communicate the value of the national marketing strategy
- Manage incoming hospital enquiries and build relationships with Directors, the Leadership Team, and their team members
- Collate company-wide event calendar and manage stakeholder relationships for these events with each hospital
- Be responsible for promoting events to our referring vet network through the ActiveCampaign platform and manage invitations and communications
- Assist our hospitals in achieving the deliverables outlined in our sponsorship agreements
- Liaise with each hospital to source media stories, gather permission from the patient’s owners and communicate progress updates with the hospital liaison
- Be the point of contact for all media opportunities, coordinate with our clients and liaise with PR/media contacts to organise TV, print, and radio interviews
- Keep up to date with all industry related media and develop PR campaigns for our brands, write press releases and communications pieces as required
- Write pillar pages, blogs, and content pieces for our existing AES branded hospitals
- Continually optimise both old and new content, while maintaining a regular content audit
- Take direction from the Digital Marketing Coordinator to continually improve SEO for our existing hospitals
- Collaborate with our many hospital stakeholders to deliver graphic design tasks for the company
How we’ll reward you
- Full-time flexible role with additional hours performed taken as time in lieu
- An attractive salary of between $65,000 – $75,000 + super (experience based)
- Business hours – Monday to Friday, with flexible starting and finishing times within business hours (9am – 5pm)
- Flexible working from home options
- 10% super + 17.5% leave loading, fortnightly pay
- Monthly pancake Thursday’s, a great team culture, and team lunches
- Dedicated training budget for professional development, with a management team who truly cares about developing your career path
- Discounted emergency vet care, pet food and gym! Yes, any gym at discounted membership.
How to apply
Join our passionate and highly skilled team to enjoy a collaborative, caring, supportive workplace, with genuine care for clients, customers, and team members alike. To discuss this role or others call Tee Rinaldi on 0428 925 040 or apply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write us a cover letter or send us a video to address the following criteria:
- Your experience in building relationships with stakeholders both internally (inside the business) and externally (outside of the business – suppliers, sponsors, clients etc)
- Your experience with events
- Your experience in handling media enquiries
- Your SEO experience (Google My Business/Google Business Profile, Google Ads)
- Show us your graphic design portfolio