Ready to join our team? We’re looking for a
Do you enjoy the working with a supportive and compassionate team where work life harmony is important to all? How does earning up to $150,000 per year (plus superannuation) sound? The Sunshine Coast is calling your name!
“Our focus at Animal Emergency Australia is leading the way forward for our colleagues – making a positive change in the profession.
We want to empower our people to drive decisions that bring about lasting change for all veterinary professionals.”
Dr Rob Webster, Co-CEO of AEA, Specialist in Emergency and Critical Care
About the Role
We are seeking two dynamic and passionate Veterinarians for our Animal Emergency Services, Tanawha Hospital. As the practice operates 24/7 we are offering great flexibility across nights, weekends and public holidays.
- We are calm and offer solutions.
- Speak openly, listen respectfully, act with compassion.
- Leading by examples, as actions speak louder than words.
- Striving to improve personally and professionally.
- Dedicated and accountable, taking pride in what we do.
- We are part of an amazing team!
Or hear it from the team themselves!
All About You
The ideal applicant will be motivated, committed to patient care, and share a vision for a collaborative working environment, where referring veterinarians and pet owners receive gold standard service. We are looking for caring, fun, and motivated people to join the team who are interested in learning and growing in their roles and believe in providing clients and their fur babies with the best solutions, delivered with compassion and empathy.
The right candidate will be part of a high performing team and will be expected to have:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (or equivalent)
- Registration or eligibility for veterinary registration in Australia
- Valid QLD Radiation licence or eligibility to attain one
- Demonstrated experience that aligns with our values as above
- Appealing salary of $105,000-150,000pa + Super + Leave Loading (depending on experience)
- Flexible with roster structure and work arrangements
- Opportunities for additional leadership and management training
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Improve International Accelerated ECC Course accredited for the Foundation Certificate in Emergency and Critical Care (Cert ECC) by the International School of Veterinary Postgraduate Studies.
- VIN access
- VetEducation membership
- Enrolment in the Lincoln Institute Leading Edge Course
- Snack cupboard & weekly food deliveries
- Personality styles training
- Study group and support for those undertaking memberships in ECC
- Minimal sole charge
- All shifts rostered are <10hrs with an included 1hour structured handover period on hospital shifts.
- Free psychology sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Access to the Vet Success Academy
- The opportunity to transfer across the company to fulfill your further career aspirations
- Employee pet well-being discounts (treatments & products)
- Work-life harmony
- Annual CPD allowance
- Fitness Passport – discounted gym memberships for you and your family members
- A fun, collaborate and fully supportive team that mentor and develop you for greater heights. Work hard and play hard together!
“We challenge the heart, support the mind, thrive on trust and operate with integrity, compassion and kindness in everything we do.”
Join our passionate and highly skilled team and click apply today! If you have any further questions please reach out to [email protected]
Or visit our careers page for further opportunities: https://animalemergencyaustralia.com.au/careers/
December 8, 2023
International Veterinarian Q&A – Everything You Need to Know
In our international veterinarian Q&A, we’ll address your questions, provide guidance, and offer insights into veterinary work overseas.
Veterinary Fellowship One Step Closer for Dr Courtney Reddrop
We’re thrilled to announce Dr Courtney Reddrop has reached a significant milestone in his journey toward becoming a specialist veterinarian.
International Veterinary Work (and How to Make the Transition)
Working abroad can be an exciting and eye-opening experience. Join us as we explore the benefits and let you know how to make the transition!