We are experiencing unprecedented and exciting growth as a business and are ready to expand our well established team!
We are looking for an additional Criticalist in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care (and an experienced ECC veterinarian for a 12 month maternity leave position) to join our progressive, innovative, cutting-edge, team at Pet ICU.
You will be working alongside our ECC Fellow Ellie Leister, as well as residents in training, and specialists from all disciplines. You will be able to enjoy both primary case management of critical patients and co-manage of cases with other specialties.
Our Pet ICU has a strong, dedicated support team including 20+ ICU nurses, client care representatives and an innovative, caring leadership team. Our Pet ICU is a place of continuous learning with opportunity to engage in prospective research as well as mentoring of residents, interns and vet students.
The kindness and dedication of our team shines through in the care and treatment we provide within our ‘patient first’ culture. The Pet ICU provides around the clock patient care 365 days a year.
1 Lexington Rd. Underwood, QLD 4119
Based in sunny south-east Queensland, not far from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Pet ICU has been designed as a state-of-the-art facility to ensure that the best diagnostics and treatment options are available for every patient. Pet ICU is very well-appointed with all the equipment needed to monitor and treat critical patients. The Pet ICU blood bank ensures we have a constant supply of canine and feline blood produced to be able to perform a high level of transfusion medicine.
We are a diverse and harmonious team who always support each other. Our values focus on gold-standard patient care and delivering the best outcome possible.
We have campers, runners, podcasters, swimmers, mothers, fathers and every other variety of person. We have happy people, caring people, developing leaders, family people! You will find family here. You will find friends here and if you like, bring your friends too!!
“We challenge the heart, support the mind, thrive on trust and operate with integrity, compassion and kindness in everything we do.”
All About You
- A Fellowship or Diplomate qualified Criticalist (or an experienced ECC veterinarian) with a passion for ICU (essential)
- A kind and compassionate communicator with ability to make decisions in collaboration with all people involved in the case management (especially the owner).
- An innovative, forward-thinking individual who embraces change and values teamwork.
- Ability to manage a high caseload using best-practice principals.
- An understanding of business principles and an interest in supporting and improving the business growth model.
- Experience in clinical teaching all aspects of emergency and critical care medicine, from final year students through to resident in training.
- Sponsorship options available
Benefits and Cool Stuff
- An appealing base salary that will reflect your abilities and future performance Criticalist remuneration starting from $160,000 + Super + Competitive bonus structure. Experienced ECC Veterinarian from $110,000 + Super + Competitive bonus
- Opportunity to have the best of both worlds. Working in a thriving private practice with a varied caseload and committed owners, as well as academia, teaching at James Cook University and the ability to do funded prospective clinical research
- Predominantly day shifts (no overnights)
- 5 weeks’ annual leave
- 1-week professional development leave a year
- Employee pet wellness discounts
- Work+life harmony
- A fun, collaborate and fully supportive team that work close to the best beaches in the world!
APPLY NOW via our Careers Website on Animal Emergency Australia Careers | Animal Emergency Australia Careers as well as sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting reference number PICC2111.
For a confidential conversation OR to speak to us about this cool opportunity, please contact Dr Ellie Leister via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0439606810.
Don’t forget to refer your friends!