Ready to join our team? We’re looking for a
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Animal Emergency Australia provide after hours animal care. We are a National Animal Emergency and Critical Care company that is comprised of ECC and GP Practices around Australia. These are AES Underwood, Jindalee, Sunshine and Gold Coast, AES Hobart, PetICU Underwood, CVES in Canberra and PVE in Perth.
The AES Hobart is located in Tasmania and is a purpose built emergency and critical care centre with everything you will need to practice at your best and provide outstanding clinical care. With over 20 years of clinical experience in the veterinary profession, the team at Animal Emergency Australia has seen significant changes in veterinary industry.
“Our focus at Animal Emergency Australia is leading the way forward for our colleagues – making a positive change in the profession. We want to empower our people to drive decisions that bring about lasting change for all veterinary professionals.”
Dr Rob Webster, Co-CEO of AEA, Specialist in Emergency and Critical Care
About the Role:
We are seeking a motivated and passionate Business Development Manager to help take AES Hobart to new heights. This is an exciting and developing role that will focus on the strategic development of our veterinary hospital and strengthening stakeholder relationships. You will have the opportunity to delve into all areas of financial management and business to business engagement practices such as financial performance, client engagement strategies, strategic development, events and more. There will also be room to build and grow upon these responsibilities as the role develops over time.
This is a permanent part-time role with approximately 48hrs per fortnight and hybrid working arrangements. This position has flexibility around when hours are worked, but given the nature of our 24-hour service for clients, your availability or support may occasionally be needed on weekends, mornings /nights and public holidays.
- Developing strategies around financial performance.
- Providing operational support to the Operations, Team Development Manager, and Client Care Manager along with the Practice manager and Directors
- Financial analysis, management and recommendations, including preparation of budgets.
- Collaborating with our Marketing department to promote AES Hobart within the Veterinary community.
- Workforce planning and analytics.
- Change management within the practice.
- Employee engagement, wellness and retention strategies.
- At least three years’ experience in management of small to medium teams.
- Experience with financial management and data analysis.
- Strong business literacy and acumen.
- A love of numbers and problem solving.
- Desire to support continuous improvement in administrative operations.
- A strong work ethic with a professional and friendly manner.
- A high level of dependability in all aspects of the job, including the ability to be calm and take accountability for actions.
- Exceptional communication skills with diplomacy, openness and honesty.
- A motivation for continuous learning for self and team.
- A desire to provide exceptional customer service, where nothing is a problem.
- Empathy for others and a love of animals.
Benefits and Cool Stuff:
- An appealing salary of $95,000 – $105,000 PRO RATER + Super
- Flexible work arrangements (Hybrid working environment)
- Access to ‘Fitness Passport’
- Strong internal Continuing Education Program and support in ongoing professional development in your chosen area of specialty
- Opportunities for additional training in Leadership, Specialisation and Management
- Work life harmony and flexible working arrangements.
- A fun, collaborate and fully supportive leadership team that mentor and develop you around your career and team goals.
- Discounted treatment for your own pets.
- Comprehensive employee assistance and wellbeing initiatives.
- A work environment that embodies our core values including compassion, empathy, respect and continual development.
- The opportunity to positively influence and develop our practice.
- Relocation Support available for the right candidate
If this sounds like the next step in your career then click apply today or reach out to [email protected] with any question!
November 20, 2023
International Veterinarian Q&A – Everything You Need to Know
In our international veterinarian Q&A, we’ll address your questions, provide guidance, and offer insights into veterinary work overseas.
Veterinary Fellowship One Step Closer for Dr Courtney Reddrop
We’re thrilled to announce Dr Courtney Reddrop has reached a significant milestone in his journey toward becoming a specialist veterinarian.
International Veterinary Work (and How to Make the Transition)
Working abroad can be an exciting and eye-opening experience. Join us as we explore the benefits and let you know how to make the transition!